Air quality index shows that the quality of air has reached the unhealthy level in Debrecen – local government says.
Dust concentration of the air has reached the critical PM10 level.
Here are some tips to protect yourself from unhealthy air:
- Avoid exercising outdoors when pollution levels are high.
- Limit the amount of time your child spends playing outdoors if the air quality is unhealthy.
- Always avoid exercising near high-traffic areas. Even when air quality forecasts are green, the vehicles on busy highways can create high pollution levels up to one-third mile away.
- Use less energy in your home. Generating electricity and other sources of energy creates air pollution.
- Don’t burn wood or trash. Burning firewood and trash are among the major sources of particle pollution in many parts of the country.