DKV Debreceni Közlekedési Zrt. (Closed Public Limited Transport Company of Debrecen) turns 130 this year.
In community transport and in the carriage of passengers in the town, DKV looks back on a history of 130 years.
In the second half of the 19th century the railway connecting Debrecen with Pest and through this with Vienna was built. Later, by means of its feeder lines – Vámospércs–Nagykároly–Szatmári in 1871, Hajdúböszörmény–Hajdúnánás in 1884, Balmazújváros–Füzesabony in 1891, with a branch towards Sáránd to Derecske and Nagyléta in 1894, and Hajdúsámson in 1906 – Debrecen soon became the railway interconnection point of an area of 70-100 km. Therefore, the Railway Management Board (1890), the Vehicle Service Station, which employed several hundred workers (1898), the subsequent Carriage and Wagon Works were settled here.
Nowadays, the services of DKV are used by more than 40 million passengers on a yearly basis.
To celebrate the anniversary an exhibition is organized in Fórum.